“Spirituality is something that gives people purpose and meaning in their lives…it shapes their thoughts, words and actions…it colors dreams and enables people to face whatever life throws at them…it is a source of comfort during the hard times, peace when things do not go as planned, and motivation when facing a challenge.”
Dr. Caroline Leaf, Think Learn Succeed
People with strong spiritual mindsets are more likely to:
- Report being happy
- Live longer
- Have lower risk of depression and suicide
- Be more resilient
- Have a strong sense of belonging and connections with others
- Have happier children
- Be content and satisfied with their life
- Volunteer and donate to people in need
- Have stronger immune systems
- Have decreased blood pressure
- If you feel isolated, lost or depressed, consider visiting a local place of worship or a group. Get connected to like-minded people.
- If you are already part of a spiritual body or movement, try to participate more and get connected with your community.
- If you are not sure of what you believe, read up on different spiritual beliefs and ask God to show you the way. If you do not believe in God, investigate, explore and contemplate what you believe.
- Above all else, choose love. What does love look like? feel like? sound like?